Stephan Spencer writes a good post at MarketingProfs.com about How to Market on YouTube. This is something I believe small businesses can and should be looking to, which is why it was one of the seven ideas I listed in my Social Media Marketing for Small Business article last month on Search Engine Land.
Stephan’s YouTube marketing tips, which come from the experience of several companies who’ve found success on the site:
1. Focus on something fun, something that people will want to share with friends.
2. Clearly demonstrate the product you’re marketing.
3. Make sure the video is real; no tricks, no “smoke and mirrors.”
4. Encourage viewer participation and support, i.e. — “make your own video like ours.”
5. Take advantage of YouTube tags; use adjectives to target people searching based on mood; and match your title and description to the tags.
There are several examples of how various companies have done marketing on YouTube. The full article is a good read.
[tags]youtube, video marketing, social media marketing[/tags]