Anytime a search engine rep. hands out SEO/SEM advice, I think it’s generally worth listening to. I did my best to get some local SEO advice from Yahoo’s Brian Gil when I interviewed him a couple months ago. Be sure to read that if you missed it the first time around.
Now, another Yahoo rep, Nick Patsiopoulos of Yahoo! Canada, shared some local search advice this week at SES Toronto. Here’s Nick’s six tips for local search success:
- Accurate data and information
- Have listings on multiple services
- Offer multilingual listings
- Enhance your content
- where applicable offer customers the ability to interact with ratings and reviews of your service
- finally, a strong merchant website
Interesting that having a web site is at the bottom of the list, isn’t it?
Nick’s comments came during the local search panel at SES Toronto. You can read Lisa Tarticchio’s recap of the entire session on the aimClear blog.