“But I don’t know what to write about!”
Bet you’ve heard (or said) that one plenty of times. Or maybe even said it plenty of times yourself. As my friend (and fellow GetListed.org Local University faculty member) Ed Reese says in his presentations, “Blogging’s haaaaard.” True ‘dat.
There are a lot of things that make blogging hard, but I’d suggest that coming up with things to write about is not one of them. In this era of information overload, when there are more places to find content ideas than ever, there’s no excuse for not knowing what to blog about. If you have trouble with that, here are the links to my recently completed series on finding stuff to blog about.
- Try Delicious.com for Blog Content Ideas
- Use Question-Based Keyword Research for Blog Content Ideas
- Short on Blogging Ideas? Look at Your Analytics
- Blog Content Idea: Q&A Websites like Quora, Yahoo Answers, and Facebook Questions
- Need Blog Content Ideas? Ask Your Readers!
If there’s a main takeaway from the series, it’s this:
Blog content ideas are all around you. You can find inspiration from the websites you visit, from keyword research, from your analytics and from the people that read your blog. Blogging’s hard, but with a little effort you can make it just a bit easier on yourself.
(Stock image courtesy of Shutterstock, used with permission.)