Here’s my roundup of the best search/marketing posts that I found and read during September. If you’re new to this blog, this is a monthly feature that began way back in 2007. You can find earlier “Best Of”s for each month in the Link Roundups category archive. I never include my own posts in these end-of-month recaps.
- Mike Blumenthal: Asking for Reviews (Post Google Apocalypse)
- Andrew Shotland/Yext: The Most Important Local Business Directories for SEO
- Phil Rozek/Local Visibility System: 50 Local SEO Lessons from 50 Clients
- Eric Covino/SEOBook: Laying the Groundwork for a Local SEO Campaign
- Nyagoslav Zhekov/NGS: Why Yext Might Not Be the Best Fit for Your Business
- Scott Clark/Buzzmaven: Mom and Pops: Don’t Spend Money on Cheap Content Feeds for SEO
- Jordan Kastaler/SEL: The Hidden Cost Of Cheap SEO & Social Media Labor
- Jill Whalen/High Rankings: Measuring SEO Success via Google Analytics
- Niall Devitt/Tweak Your Biz: The Ultimate Guide To Defeating EdgeRank For Facebook Page Owners
- Margie Clayman: What if Social Media is No Longer a Thang?
- Brian Solis: 5 Ways Strategic Social Media Can Help Small Businesses
- Angie Schottmuller/SEW: Social Media ROI: How To Define a Strategic Plan – Search Engine Watch (#SEW)
- James Deer/Six Revisions: How to Create Content Maps for Planning Your Website’s Content
- Lee Odden/TopRank: 17 Lessons About Content Marketing for Small Business
- Brad Kuenn/Business 2 Community: The Anatomy of a Solid Content Marketing Strategy
- Avinash Kaushik/Occam’s Razor: Facebook Advertising / Marketing: Best Metrics, ROI, Business Value
- Oli Gardner/Unbounce: The A/B Testing Question Everyone Wants Answered – What Should I Test?
- Antonin Januska: Use Google Analytics To Improve Your Design and User Experience
- Michael Aagaard/Unbounce: [How To] Write a Call-to-Action that Converts – With Case Studies