September ’08: Best Search/Marketing Posts
Time again for a roundup of the best search/marketing posts during September. I’m particularly pleased with this one because there are a lot of authors and blogs that you probably haven’t seen in previous recaps. Expanding horizons = a Good Thing.
If you’re new to SBS, this is a monthly feature. You can find earlier “Best Of”s for each month in the archives. Only rule is that my own posts are not eligible.
- Lee Odden/TopRank Blog: Interview with John Jantsch of Duct Tape Marketing
- Pierre Far/Search Engine People: Don’t Leave Home Without It: 8 Steps for Making Your Site Mobile Friendly
- Dev Basu: How To Create Effective Local Business Landing Pages
- Eric Enge/Stone Temple: Interview: Yahoo’s Frazier Miller and Shailesh Bhat
- Eric Enge/Stone Temple: Interview: Microsoft’s Ziya Genceren
- Danny Sullivan/SEL: Conversation With An Idiot Link Broker
- Pete Caputa/HubSpot: Did You Graduate From Link Building High School Yet?
- Loren Baker/SEJ: Going Green: The Power of Ecofriendly Link Building
- Andy Boyd/The Matchbox: Social Media Epic Fail: How To Build Links To Linkbaits That Don’t Go Viral
- Eduard Blacquière/Yoast: Measuring SEO: why rankings are worthless
- Rand Fishkin/SEOmoz: Why Reputable SEO Firms Don’t Promise Guaranteed Search Engine Rankings
- Vince Blackham/Primary Affect: How to Use Yahoo Answers for your Social Media Campaign
- Linda Bustos/Get Elastic: Keyword Ideas for Holiday PPC Campaigns
- George Michie/SEL: 9 Keys to Successful Day-Parting
Blogs & Blogging
- Sonia Simone/Copyblogger: How to Grow a Blog Post in 7 Easy Steps
- Mack Collier/SEG: 10 Steps to Creating the Perfect Small Business Blog
- Patrick Altoft/Blogstorm: The Paid Link Farce is 3 Years Old – Get Your Act Together Google
- Scott Van Achte/Stepforth: Your Website from the Ground Up in 10 Steps
- Sugarrae/Copyblogger: Here’s How Affiliate Marketing Works>
- Peter Da Vanzo/SEOBook: Brand Building Tips (On A Budget)
- Stoney deGeyter/SEG: The Best Damn Web Marketing Checklist, Period!
- Carrie Hill/SEW: 6 Tips for Small Business Marketing Success
- Anita Campbell/Small Business Trends: Top 10 Signs That Your Online Marketing Has Hit the Wall
- Joe Kerschbaum/PPC Hero: PPC Hero is Interviewed by James Lipton!
- SEO Hack: Plurk, You’re A Needy Bitch (for the comments as much as anything)
- Sugarrae: Did Twitter Lay Down for Google?