Here’s my roundup of the best search/marketing posts during September. If you’re new to SBS, this is a monthly feature and will lead to something fun in a few months. You can find earlier “Best Of”s for each month in the archives. Only rule is that my own posts are not eligible.
- David/Search Engine Guide: Increase The Visibility of Your Small Business Web Site on a Shoestring Budget
- Scott/Publishing 2.0: Five Reasons Why The Mobile Web Sucks
- Andy/Tropical SEO: Everything You Need to Know About FRO (Fake Review Optimization)
- Mike/SEL: Yahoo Local Now Features "User Denigrated Content"
- Bob/Ask the SEO Guru: The Top 10 List For Finding A Competent Plumber — or SEO
- Rand/SEOmoz: My Personal Opinion – 90% of the Rankings Equation Lies in These 4 Factors
- Todd/Oilman: SEO Forecasting
- Bill/SEO by the Sea: 20 More Ways that Search Engines May Rerank Search Results
- Stoney/e-Marketing Performance: The SEO Fool’s Errand for the SEO Fool
- David/SearchRank: When Your On-Page SEO Goes Too Far
- Jennifer/Search Engine Guide: Five Reasons to Aim Low When You’re Just Learning SEO
- Lee/TopRank: Evaluating Client Search Marketing Readiness
- Dan/SEO Fast Start: How To Get More Pages Indexed With Nofollow
- Deb/The Link Spiel: Help! I’m New, I Need Links, What Can I Do?
- Jennifer Slegg: Revisiting your linking strategies for a link health check
- Joe/Search Marketing Standard: SES Interviews: SEOmoz’ Matt Inman on Linkbaiting
- Deb/SEL: The Seven Habits Of Highly Effective Link Builders
- Lisa/Bruce Clay blog: How to Encourage Clients to Engage In Social Media
- Jennifer/Search Engine Guide: Hide and Speak: Recovering from a Social Media Disaster
- Muhammad/Copyblogger: Writing for StumbleUpon: High Impact Content “Above the Scroll” in Four Easy Steps
- Jim Boykin: Google Punished My Site For Selling Links – NOT!
- Sugarrae: Google Doesn’t Know the Face of “Evil”
- Eric/Search Engine Journal: Google Webmaster Tools: A Comprehensive Guide
- Loren/Search Engine Journal: Google Loves Transparent Links & Hit Counter Spam
Blogs & Blogging
- BL Ochman/Marketing Profs: How to Have a ‘Totally F—ing Amazing’ Corporate Blog
- Pat/Lonely Marketer: Beginner’s Guide To Setting Up A First Blog Site
- Bob/Ask the SEO Guru: Getting Bitch Slapped by The Guru – OUCH! That’s Gotta Hurt
- John Andrews: More SEO Noise
- Vanessa Fox: Why the SEOmoz SEO Quiz Is Completely Wrong
- John Andrews: SEOS: The Card Counters of the Internet
- Aaron/SEOBook: 7 Useful Webmaster Tools Google Stole From You
- Dan/SEO Fast Start: Web 2.0 & SEO: Must We Piss In Every Public Fountain?
- Darcy/Worst SEO Blog Ever: Jill Whalen -vs- SEO Hack
- Stoney/e-Marketing Performance: SEO QUIZ – Just the Essentials!
- Greg Boser: SEO Vanity Contest
- Todd/Oilman: The Facebook Black Hole