In addition to this blog, I also write regularly about local blogging at Hyperlocal Blogger. Every so often, I like to share links to some of the articles that I think SBSM readers might also find interesting over there. It’s been a couple months since I’ve done a link roundup for HLB posts, so here’s what you’ve missed if you haven’t visited there lately.
First and foremost, and likely the most interesting stuff for SBSM readers, is a five-part series I published over the summer called Hyperlocal Blog SEO: The Series. A lot of the principles in the series can be applied to any blog, not just local blogs. The response to that series was really great — major newspapers were sharing it with their reporters who have blogs, even! I think you’ll like it if you have a blog, too.
Other noteworthy HLB articles:
- TwitZip: Twitter’s Unofficial Hyperlocal News Network
- Using Facebook to Promote a Local Blog
- EveryBlock Launches Hyperlocal Content Widgets
- 10 Qualities Great Hyperlocal Bloggers Have in Common
- This is the Sound of a Scared Newspaper