Here’s my roundup of the best search/marketing posts that I found and read during October. If you’re new to this blog, this is a monthly feature that began way back in 2007. You can find earlier “Best Of”s for each month in the Link Roundups category archive. I never include my own posts in these end-of-month recaps.
- Chris Thompson/About Foursquare: So, Foursquare is a search engine now? How do I get my business to the top of the results?
- Miriam Ellis/SEO Igloo: The Rudiments Of Local SEO
- Andrew Shotland/SEL: 5 Things Businesses Need To Know About Apple Maps Right Now
- Nyagoslav Zhekov/NGS: How to Remove Duplicate Listings from Different Business Directories
- Deb Mastaler/Link Spiel: What Google Thinks About Certain Links
- Adam Audette/RKG: Google’s (not provided) One Year Later
- Todd Malicoat/SEOmoz: The Exact Match Domain Playbook: A Guide and Best Practices for EMDs
- Sam Owen/PPC Hero: Top PPC Tips For Local Businesses
- Chris Bennett/97th Floor: Pinterest Holiday Marketing Guide
- Glenn Gabe/SEJ: At 25,000 Tweets, My Thoughts About Twitter, Its Users, Business Impact, Advertising Obstacles, and Future | Search Engine Journal
Blogs & Blogging
- Lianne Froggatt/Marketing Profs: Nine Surefire Ways to Make Your Blog Fail
- Sarah Arrow/For Bloggers by Bloggers: Disavow Me and My Blog, Google – I Don’t Give a Sh*t!
- Dan Bischoff/Content Hook: Forget Great, Forget Viral — Do This Instead
- Sarah Arrow/For Bloggers By Bloggers: Before and After: How to Create a Powerful Case Study For Your Blog
- Ryan Hanley: How-to Take a Boring Topic and Create Engaging Content
- Demian Farnworth/Copyblogger: How to Create Epic Content
- Lee Odden/Top Rank: Winning the Content Marketing Game: 4 Types of Killer Content
- John Doherty: A Blog Is Not A Content Strategy
- Roger Parking/CMI: 7 Readability Tips for Designing Engaging Content
- Elisa Gabbert/Wordstream: Frequently Asked Questions About Content Marketing & SEO Keywords | WordStream
Design & Usability
- Jake Rochelau/WDL: 8 Code Snippets for New Website Projects