Here’s my roundup of the best search/marketing posts I found and read during October. If you’re new to this blog, this is a monthly feature that began way back in 2007. You can find earlier “Best Of”s for each month in the Link Roundups category archive. I never include my own posts in these end-of-month recaps.
- Mike Blumenthal: Half Truths and Local SEO
- Kane Russell/Social Media Explorer: What Are Mobile Marketing Opt-ins and Why Are They Important?
- Dr. Pete Meyers/SEOmoz: Eye-Tracking Google SERPs – 5 Tales of Pizza
- Michael Dorausch: Las Vegas Hotels: 7 Pack Place Page Review
- Ethan Lyon/Seer Interactive: Why Aren’t You Using Twitter To Build Links?
- Lisa Barone/Outspoken Media: SEO Advice: Learn to Walk Before You Run
- Dr. Pete Meyers/SEOmoz: Should I Change My URLs for SEO?
- Anthony Verre/Milwaukee SEO: The Complete Google Panda Reference Guide
- Justin Mifsud/Usability Geek: 15 Title Tag Optimization Guidelines For Usability and SEO
- Debra Mastaler/Link Spiel: Linkbuilding Recommendations When Using Contests
- Debra Mastaler/Link Spiel: Rockin’ The Not So Sexy Links
- Tamar Weinberg/Techipedia: Why Most Social Media Departments Fail
- Mark Smiciklas/Social Media Explorer: Developing a Twitter Workflow
- Olivier Blanchard: 10 Truths about Social Media & Social Business you need to know.
- Lisa Barone/Outspoken Media: The Secret Behind Whispers, Retweets & Yells
- Lewis Howes/Copyblogger: 7 Quick Ways to Turn Your LinkedIn Profile into a Social Media Marketing Workhorse
- Kristi Hines/Search Engine Marketing Group: How to Optimize 7 Popular Social Media Profiles for SEO
Design & Usability
- Kim Krause-Berg/Cre8Pc: Five Easy Ways to Improve Your Homepage
- Jessica Lee/Bruce Clay: 4 Steps to Understanding the ROI of Your Newsletter
- Ilana Rabinowitz/Social Media Explorer: Education Is The New Marketing
- Lisa Barone/Outspoken Media: Tell-Tale Signs It’s Time To Fire That Client
- Linda Bustos/Get Elastic: 10 Bizarre Things That Influence Customers Online