Here’s my roundup of the best search/marketing posts I found and read during October. If you’re new to this blog, this is a monthly feature that began way back in 2007. You can find earlier “Best Of”s for each month in the Link Roundups category archive. I never include my own posts in these end-of-month recaps.
- Miriam Ellis/SEG: New Integrated Google Local A Game Changer
- David Mihm: A New Kind of Local Search Result: The “O-Pack”?
- David Mihm: Thoughts on Business Titles
- Stephan Spencer/SEL: 25 Super Common SEO Mistakes
- Lyndsay Wassell/SEOmoz: Complete Guide to Rel Canonical – How To and Why (Not)
- Peter DaVanzo/SEO Book: Low Cost SEO
- Lisa Barone/Outspoken Media: Are SEOs Responsible For Rankings Or Money?
- Scott Cowley/SEO.com:
7 Difficult Client Expectations You WILL Encounter in SEO (And How to Fix Them)
- Kieron Hughes/SEOmoz: Using YouTube as a Keyword Research Tool for SEO
- Marty Weintraub/aimClear: R.I.P Google Keyword Tool. Long Live SEO!
- Jennifer Van Iderstyne/SEW: Incorporating Geo-Targeting into Your Link Building
- Jay Baer/Convince & Convert: Destroying the 7 Myths of B2B Social Media
- Suma Mandagiri/Brand Pilgrim: Why Brands Cannot Ignore Social Media Mavens
- Ekaterina Walter/Building Social Bridges: 20 Ways Socially Savvy Businesses Are Using Twitter
Blogs & Blogging
- Adam Singer/Future Buzz: 10 Proven Blog Marketing Tactics You Can Use Today
- Seth Godin: I spread your idea because…
- Andy Beal/Trackur: 5 Extreme Tactics for Removing a Reputation Attack from Google’s Index
- Ian Lurie/Conversation Marketing: The pre-holiday internet marketing checklist: 20 things you should be doing but probably aren’t
- James Duthie/Search Engine People: The 5 A’s of Content Marketing
- Valeria Maltoni/Conversation Agent: Curating Information as Content Strategy