Happy Halloween! Time again for a roundup of the best search/marketing posts of the past month … this time we’re covering October.
If you’re new to SBS, this is a monthly feature. You can find earlier “Best Of”s for each month in the archives. Only rule is that my own posts are not eligible.
- Lee Odden/TopRank: SEO Basics: Will Moving or Changing My Site Hurt Rankings?
- Marty Weintraub/aimClear: Buzz Pocket Mining Tutorial: An Intersection of Keyword Research & Social Media
- Donna Fontenot/SEO Scoop: The 5 Goals Of A Search Optimized Page – SEO 101
- Peter Da Vanzo/SEO Book: URL Canonicalization: The Missing Manual
- Vanessa Fox: Is PageRank the Ultimate Measure of Online Influence?
- Bill Slawski/SEO by the Sea: Do Search Engines Love Blogs? Microsoft Explores an Algorithm to Increase PageRank for Pages Linked to by Blogs
- Joe Kerschbaum/PPC Hero: Learn the Basics for Building a Killer Keyword List
- Tim Cohn/Search Marketing Communications: Search Advertising Geo Targeting Options
- Dave Naffziger/Brand Verity: The Nuances of Search Engine PPC Trademark Policies
- Jane Copland/SEOmoz: Help! My Industry Is Boring And My Imagination Is Hurting
- Chris Bennett/97th Floor: Little Old School + Little New School Link Building Tips Circa 2007
- Paul Teitelman/Search Engine People: Link Building 101: How to Evaluate the Power of Directories
Blogs & Blogging
- Darren/ProBlogger: 8 Reasons to Add a Newsletter to Your Blog
- Pete Caputa/HubSpot: 8 Ways to Write Quick Articles for Your Business Blog
- Bill Slawski/SEO by the Sea: What Suggestions Would You Offer a Beginning Blogger?
- Ann Smarty/Search Engine Journal: Facebook Group vs Facebook Fan Page: What’s Better?
- Rebecca Kelley/SEOmoz: Are You Forcing Your Users to Superfluously Click?
- Linda Bustos/Get Elastic: Product Recalls: Addressing Consumer Safety Fears On-Site
- Bryan Eisenberg/Grokdotcom: 7 Deadly Sins of Web Analytics
- Bryan Eisenberg/Grokdotcom: The Ultimate Google Analytics Plugins, Hacks & Tricks Collection
- Mike Churchill/SEM Clubhouse: Domain Moving Day the Key Relevance Way