Here’s my roundup of the best search/marketing posts during May. If you’re new to SBS, this is a monthly feature. You can find earlier “Best Of”s for each month in the archives. Only rule is that my own posts are not eligible.
- David/SearchRank: Keyword Research – The Foundation of Your SEO Strategy (Back To the Basics Series)
- Ben Welch-bolen/Search Marketing UK: PageRank Sculpting – Ok Or Penalty Material? 10 SEO Experts Respond.
- Scott Allen/WebGeek: E-Commerce SEO: How to Handle Deleted Products
- Bill Slawski/SEO by the Sea: How Do Images Get Ranked in Image Search?
- Eric Enge/SEL: The Most Powerful SEO Tactic: Simplify, Simplify, Simplify
- Linda Bustos/GetElastic: PPC Copywriting: The Evolution of a PPC Split Test
- David Rodnitzky/Search Marketing Standard: The Seven Habits of Highly Effective SEM: Part I – Choosing the Right Search Engines
- Andrew Goodman/SEL: Make Your Ads Better: Three Powerful Techniques
- Aaron/SEOBook: What is a #1 Google Ranking Worth?
Blogs & Blogging
- Darren/Problogger: 17 Principles of Building Good Relationships With Bloggers
- Darren/Problogger: 12 Traits of Successful Bloggers
- Mike Smith/Bootstrapping Blog: Small Business Blogging: 10 reasons why its essential to business growth
Links & Linkbuilding
- Jim Boykin: The Achilles Heel of Free and Natural Links.
- Maki/DoshDosh: Developing Tactical Knowledge on Social Media Websites: A Three-Part Strategy for DIY Marketers
- Brent Csutoras/SEL: Is Your Site Social Media Friendly?
- Julie Gallaher/Marketing Pilgrim: Turbo Charge Your Traffic With Flickr Groups
- Brad Geddes/eWhisper: Traffic Diversity isn’t just for Protecting Yourself; Each Type of Traffic has a Different Characteristics that Together form Long Term Synergies
- Pete Caputa/Hubspot: The Single Most Important Ingredient in Your Internet Marketing Strategy
- Adam Audette: The SEO Guide to Information Architecture
- Don Campbell/Expand2Web: What Yahoo SearchMonkey Means for Small Business Websites
- Linda Bustos/Marketing Pilgrim: 8 Stupid Things Webmasters Do To Mess Up Their Analytics
- Shawn Purtell/Unofficial Google Analytics Blog: Time on Page and Time on Site – How Confident Are You?
- Avinash/Occam’s Razor: “Yes M’am, Yes You In The Back Row” [13 Web Analytics Questions]
- Debra/The Link Spiel: Who Knew Facebook Was This Much Fun?
- SEO Hack/Worst SEO Blog Ever: Search Industry Productivity Increases 600% In May