Here’s my roundup of the best search/marketing posts I found and read during March. If you’re new to this blog, this is a monthly feature that began way back in 2007. You can find earlier “Best Of”s for each month in the Link Roundups category archive. I never include my own posts in these end-of-month recaps.
- Mike Ramsey/SEJ: Local Search O-Pack and the Art of Title Tags
- Loren Baker/Blueglass: Google Places : Local SEO That Influences Global Search Marketing
- Mike Blumenthal: Infographic: Owning Your Local Web Equity
- Max Thomas/Thunder SEO: Do Directories Really Matter for Local Search Rankings in Google?
- Jordan Knox/LunaMetrics: The Keyword Detox: How to Refocus Keyword Research to look for Gaps and Opportunities
- Armando Roggio/Practical eCommerce: How to Write Product Descriptions that Sell, Boost SEO Efforts
- Vanessa Fox/SEL: Lessons Learned at SMX West: Google’s Farmer/Panda Update, White Hat Cloaking, And Link Building
- Geordie Carswell/PPC Blog: Thoughts on Adwords’ Slaps, Bans, & Recovery
- Jason Lancaster/SEJ: Link Building with Photo Journalism
- Michael Gray: Link Building – Creating Exceptional Content for Boring Topics
- Justin Briggs/SEOmoz: How to Build Links with Infographics
- Joost de Valk: Link Building 101
- Brian Solis: The Rules of Social Media Engagement
- JD Rucker/Soshable: How to Find Twitter People that Don’t Suck
- Mack Collier: How to use Google Reader to share and promote content on Twitter
- Amy-Mae Elliott/Open Forum: Top 5 YouTube Marketing Mistakes Committed By Small Businesses
- Alex Smith/Social Media Today: EdgeRank – What Does It Mean for Brands?
- Sam Murray/State of Search: 5 ways for a Local Businesses to grow their Twitter Followers and Business
- Mack Collier: Fans aren’t just for Rockstars: A Framework for helping companies connect with their advocates and vice-versa
Blogs & Blogging
- Tracy Gold/Social Media Today: How To: Be a Great Blogger When You’re Not a Great Writer
- Matthew Edward/Springboard SEO: 10 Steps To Writing Better Web Content
- Kate Morris/Distilled: Google Bounce Rates: The Untold Story