I’ve been meaning to write something about Manta’s local business directory for a little while now, primarily because I see it showing up more and more in local “place / category” search results. (They have some sharp SEOs from what I understand…)
And now it appears I don’t need to write something, because Greg Sterling did a bang-up job of that yesterday. I think his “sleeping giant” analogy is a good one, but not sure how much longer it’ll be appropriate as they continue to grow and gain visibility. Some stats from Greg’s article:
- More than a million claimed business listings now.
- That should grow to two million by year’s end.
- 3,000 businesses per day claim their listing on Manta.
- About 25 percent of the claimed profiles get updated every month.
- 26 million unique visits per month to the website.
- More than 90 percent retention on paying members, which currently numbers about 25,000.