Wow. Great month of marketing content recapped here — almost 40 links below, including several from blogs/authors I’ve never referenced before. I’m sure you’ll find at least a couple new authors in this month’s recap — please give them a try! Okay, on with the show…
Here’s my roundup of the best search/marketing posts during June. If you’re new to SBS, this is a monthly feature. You can find earlier “Best Of”s for each month in the archives. Only rule is that my own posts are not eligible.
- David Mihm: The “BCS” for Local Search Engine Optimization
- David Mihm: Local Search Ranking Factors
- Stephen Espinosa: Web References/Citations – Local Search Tactics
- Vanessa Fox/SEL: Google Now Crawling and Indexing Flash Content
- Google Webmaster Central: Improved Flash indexing
- Ann Smarty/SEJ: Google XML Sitemaps : Essential FAQ
- Mike Volpe/Hubspot: 7 Reasons Why Marketing Can’t Trust the Webmaster with SEO
- Rishi Lakhani/SEOmoz: Building Bricks: Keyword Discovery Process for Small Businesses
- Joost de Valk: WordPress SEO
- Karon Thackston: Should You Change Your Copy When Rankings Fall?
- John Carcutt/SEJ: Are SEO Forums Still Needed?
- Richard Ball/Apogee Weblog: 4 Steps to Avoid the Google AdWords Ignorance Tax
- Brian Carter/Fuel Interactive: AdWords 911: The 4 Step Emergency Fix for Dying AdWords Accounts
- Jennifer Osborne/Search Engine People: Small Business PPC – 26 Mistakes That Cost You Money
- Steve Snell/Traffikd: A Small Blogger’s Guide to Social Media Marketing
- Deb Mastaler/Linkspiel: Is That Directory Worth Submitting To?
- Rishi Lakhani/SEOmoz: Small Business Link Building: Part A – Analysing Opportunities
- Justilien Gaspard/SEW: Link Building Ideas for Local Auto Dealers
- Patrick Winfield/10e20: Researching for Linkbait Pieces
- Ann Smarty/SEJ: How to Explore Backlinks Anchor Text
- Mark Eckenrode/HomeStomper: The James Bond Guide To Twitter and Real Estate Marketing
- Stephan Spencer/Netconcepts: Social Media “Hacks” (at SES Toronto)
- Chris Winfield/10e20: Twitter: Ultimate Time Waster or Great Tool?
- Glenn Allsop/Viperchill: Definitive Guide to Fark and Getting Mass Traffic
- Brian Clark/Copyblogger: The Five Essential Elements of Effective Social Media Marketing
- Dean Rieck/Copyblogger: How to Collect Tons of Testimonials with the Secret “SPURF” System
- Mason Hipp/Small Fuel: 3 Questions Your Customers Are Dying For You To Ask
- Rich Brooks/flyte blog: Why RFPs Are Bad for Your Business
- Joel Burslem/Future of Real Estate Marketing: Using Video in Your Real Estate Marketing
- Tim Ash/SEW: Uncovering Site Problems for Landing Page Optimization, Part 1
- Linda Bustos/Get Elastic: Improving Product Descriptions Using Competitor Customer Reviews
- Andrea Harris/SEL: Getting The Most Out Of A Search Marketing Conference
- Rand/SEOmoz: White Hat Cloaking: It Exists. It’s Permitted. It’s Useful.
- Stoney deGeyter/SEG: How to Move to a New Domain With Minimal Ranking Loss and Downtime
- Vanessa Fox/Jane and Robot: Managing Robot’s Access To Your Website
- Bill Slawski/SEO by the Sea: How Google Universal Search and Blended Results May Work
- Graywolf: Google’s Two Tiered Internet World Sinks to a New Low
- Graywolf: Hey Matt Cutts Be Fair if You Are Going After Paid Links
- David Dugdale/RentVine: Yahoo is Now Our Bitch [Video]