Here’s my roundup of the best search/marketing posts that I found and read during July. If you’re new to this blog, this is a monthly feature that began way back in 2007. You can find earlier “Best Of”s for each month in the Link Roundups category archive. I never include my own posts in these end-of-month recaps.
- Julie Joyce/SEW: Link Building for Local Search
- Phil Rozek/Local Visibility System: The Local Business Reviews Ecosystem
- Ian Lurie/Portent: Say what matters: My Mozcon 2012 presentation
- George Michie/RKG: Is Google Biased Against Small Businesses?
- Jill Whalen/High Rankings: Paying for Penalties: Lies That Shady SEO Companies Tell
- Emily Cote/Outspoken Media: Guide to Real Estate SEO
- Alan Bleiweiss/SEJ: The Holy Grail of Panda Recovery – A 1-Year Case Study
- Anna Fleet/PushFire: Using Pinterest To Rock Out Your Brand
- Gianluca Fiorelli/SEOMoz: The State of Social Media in 2012: An Interview With The Speakers of #MozCon
- Mitch Joel: Buying Friends, Followers And Likes
- Amy Porterfield: 9 Facebook Ad Expert Tips to Create Bigger Results with Your Facebook Ads
Blogs & Blogging
- Marcus Sheridan/The Sales Lion: 50 Blogging Benefits that Will Change Your Business Forever
- Ali Luke/Men with Pens: 9 Clever Writing Tricks to Supercharge Your Blog Posts
- Stanford Smith/Pushing Social: Why Many Well Written Posts Still Suck
- AJ Kohn/Blind Five-Year-Old: I Don’t Guest Blog
- Valeria Maltoni/Conversation Agent: How Blogs Continue to Create a Trust Path with Customers
- Jeff Bullas: What are the 10 Secret Benefits of Blogging?
Web Design & Usability
- Thomas Churm/Usability Geek: An Introduction To Website Usability Testing
- Gyi Tsakalakis/Lawyerist: How Many Hits? Web Analytics for Lawyers
- Oren Todoros/W3i: Top 3 Analytics Services to Gather Mobile App Stats
General Online Marketing
- Marcus Sheridan/Sales Lion: The Incredible Relationship Between Content Marketing and Sales
- Lynn Terry/ClickNewz!: Market Your Site Like Google Doesn’t Exist!