Here’s my roundup of the best search/marketing posts I found and read during July. If you’re new to this blog, this is a monthly feature that began way back in 2007. You can find earlier “Best Of”s for each month in the Link Roundups category archive. I never include my own posts in these end-of-month recaps.
- Mike Ramsey/SEJ: The 3 Pillars of Local Search Reviews
- David Mihm: More Detailed Thoughts on Google’s Place Page Shift
- Phil Rozek/LVS: The 1st Annual Google Places Freak Show
- Mike Blumenthal: Google Places: Reputation Management or Extortion in the Moving Industry?
- Linda Buquet/Catalyst: Google Places Software and Free Local SEO Tools
- Adam Audette/SEW: SEO Techniques for Large Sites: How to Maximize Product Visibility in Organic Search
- Deb Mastaler/Link Spiel: Get Over Yourself And Give Me A Link (please)
- Rae Hoffman-Dolan/Sugarrae: Link Building with the Experts – 2011 Edition
- Rand Fishkin/SEOmoz: The Responsibilities of SEO Have Been Upgraded
- Marty Weintraub/aimClear: The Heart Of SEO: 8 Everlasting Truths, Part 1
- Tad Chef/SEOptimise: 25 Must Follow Trunk.ly Users Who Get You the Latest SEO Nuggets
- Brian Chappell/Ignite: 7 Google Plus Data Points That Could Change SEO
- Mark Ballard/RKG: Mind the Bid-to-CPC Gap in Paid Search
- Mark Ballard/RKG: 24 Top Paid Search Metrics Explained
- Dave Rosborough/PPC Hero:PPC Pitfalls For Beginners, Part II
- Phil Mershon/SME: How to Grow Social Media Leads: New Research
- Louis Gray: I Gave Away My Web Identity. All I Got Was a T-Shirt.
- The Number One Least Asked Question in Social Media…Why?
Blogs & Blogging
- Demian Farnworth/Raven: Ultimate list of blogging tools for pros
- Cyrus Shepard/SEOmoz: Blog Design for Killer SEO – Infographic
- Derek Halpern/Social Triggers: How Images Improve — or Destroy — Conversion Rates
- Felicity Evans/Smashing Magazine: Email Is (Still) Important And Here Is Why
- Avinash Kaushik/Occam’s Razor: Email Marketing: Campaign Analysis, Metrics, Best Practices
- Demian Farnworth/Copyblogger: 10 Ways to Beat Online Obscurity
- Adam Singer/The Future Buzz: Why You Should Plan To Self-Publish Pretty Much Forever