Here’s my roundup of the best search/marketing posts I found and read during July. If you’re new to this blog, this is a monthly feature that began way back in 2007. You can find earlier “Best Of”s for each month in the Link Roundups category archive. I never include my own posts in these end-of-month recaps.
- Mike Blumenthal: Google Tags – Do They Help? An Anectdotal Review
- Garrett French/Ontolo: Phone Number Co-Citation Analysis for Local Link Builders
- Andrew Shotland: Dead Fingers Walking?
- Lee Odden/Online Marketing Blog: 4 Steps to Social SEO Success
- Paul Carpenter: Why SEOs are Hated
- Tony Adam: Site Speed: Reducing Page Load Times and Increasing Pages Crawled
- Wil Reynolds/Seer Interactive: The 17 commandments of setting expectations in SEO (interview)
- Christina Keffer/LunaMetrics: 5 Signs Your Web Designer Knows Nothing About SEO
- Tony Verre/Fire Horse Trail: Google vs. Bing Part II: Link Analysis
- Tom Critchlow/SEOmoz: Using Google’s Webmaster Tools Search Queries Report To Identify Low Hanging Fruit
- Peter DaVanzo/SEObook: The Inside Line On SEO
- Nichola Stott/SEW: Are We Over-Engineering the Link Graph?
- Rae Hoffman/Outspoken Media: Link Building with the Experts – 2010 Edition
- Stacey Harmon/Agent Applause: Forget Google – Realtor Uses Local Strategies to Win Blog Visibility
- Lisa Barone/Outspoken Media: What Do You Love About Your Favorite Bloggers?
- Chase Sagum: 7 Visual Tips for Creating a Great Blog Post
- Donna Fontenot/Famous Bloggers: 5 Steps To Impressing A Longtime Jaded Blogger With Your Comments
- Marty Weintraub/aimClear: 7 Ways To Make More Social Media Friends Who Matter
- Tim Soulo/SEOmoz: Facebook Marketing: Ultimate Guide
- Jennifer Laycock/SEG: How to Know When Your Site Needs Social Media Before SEO
- Ken Yeung/Network Solutions: Look At Your Video Campaign. Now Look At Old Spice. Why Has The Old Spice Man Captivated Us?
- Miriam Ellis/SEO Igloo: Copywriting For Causes – Getting People To Care
Design & Usability
- Kristine Schachinger/SEW: Don’t Let Your Web Site Design Become a Nightmare
- Linda Bustos/Get Elastic: 5 Reasons You Should Copy Amazon
- Linda Bustos/Get Elastic: 10 Reasons Not to Copy Amazon
- Janie Coffey/Agent Genius: Cheap & easy way to dominate your farm using video