Here’s my roundup of the best search/marketing posts during July. It was a good month with a lot of variety.
If you’re new to SBS, this is a monthly feature. You can find earlier “Best Of”s for each month in the archives. Only rule is that my own posts are not eligible.
- David Mihm: The Mother of All SMX Local/Mobile Recaps
- Eric Enge/Stone Temple Consulting: Interview with Google’s Carter Maslan about Local Search
- Nathania Johnson/SEW: 24 iPhone Applications That Accelerate Mobile Search
- Mark Jackson/SEW: Press Releases and Search Engine Optimization
- Ann Smarty/SEJ: Online SEO Tools – the Ultimate Collection
- Vanessa Fox: Search-Friendly Flash?
- Tim Nash: Flash SEO Indexing Revisited Part 1
- Jennifer Laycock/SEG: Why the Social Media World NEEDS to Understand SEO
- Todd Mintz/Inside CRM: Gypsies, Tramps and Thieves: Ethical SEOs and Search Engineers Narc Out SEO Fraud
- Michael Martinez/SEO Theory: The Layman’s Guide to How to choose an SEO
- Brad Geddes/SEL: What Should You do When Quality Score Kills Your Keywords?
- Muhammad Saleem/SEL: A Comprehensive Look at Digg’s Recommendation Engine
- Thomas Hawk/Flickr: Top 10 Ways to Get Attention on Flickr
- Tamar Weinberg/Techipedia: What Traits Define a Social Media Marketer?
- Marta Kagan (PPT on Slideshare): What the F**K is Social Media?
- Anita Campbell/Small Business Trends: Real Life Examples of Business Owners Using Social Media
Blogs & Blogging
- David Wallace/SearchRank: Common Excuses Companies Use For Not Having a Blog
- Darren/ProBlogger: 21 Ways to Make Your Blog or Website Sticky
- Patrick Winfield/10e20: Rewind to Fundamentals: The 10 Best Ways to Find the Perfect Image for your Blog Post
- Dustin Wax/ProBlogger: Nine Signs of an Effective Blog Post
- Donna Fontenot/SEO Scoop: The Ultimate Hacker Prevention Guide
- Aaron Wall/SEO Book: Google Knol – Google’s Latest Attack on Copyright
- Eric Enge/Stone Temple: Eric Enge Interviews Yahoo’s Priyank Garg
- Karon Thackston: Stop the Slaughter of Innocent Copy!
- Dean Rieck/Copyblogger: 10 Quick and Simple Ways to Power Up Your Customer Testimonials
- Paul Chaney/Practical eCommerce: Ratings and Reviews Engage Your Visitors
- Sean Moffitt/Buzz Canuck: The 11 Deadly Sins of Ill Advised Word of Mouth Marketers
- Jeff Sexton/GrokDotCom: 5 Copywriting Key’s to Landing Page Credibility
- Avinash Kaushik/Occam’s Razor: Tracking Offline Conversions: Hope, Seven Best Practices, Bonus Tips
- Linda Bustos/Get Elastic: Why eCommerce is a Lot Like ICanHasCheezburger
- Dave Harry/Huomah: Your SEO is weak my foolish friends