Here’s my roundup of the best search/marketing posts I found and read during January. If you’re new to this blog, this is a monthly feature that began way back in 2007. You can find earlier “Best Of”s for each month in the Link Roundups category archive. I never include my own posts in these end-of-month recaps.
- Lee Odden/Online Marketing Blog: Essential Mobile Marketing Resources
- Bryson Meunier: Response to Rand Fishkin’s Thoughts on Mobile SEO
- Rebecca Lehmann/SEOmoz: Tracking Traffic from Google Places in Google Analytics
- Todd Malicoat: Competitive Intelligence: Using KOB Analysis for Planning SEO Campaigns
- Ross Hudgens: Optimizing Your Long-Tail Content Strategy: A Guide
- Geoff Kenyon/Distilled: 10 Metrics to Check When Your Traffic Crashes
Links & Link Building
- Bruce Clay: Purchased Link Penalties: There’s No Time to Waste
- Justin Briggs/SEOmoz: Guide to Competitive Backlink Analysis
- Debra Mastaler/SEL: 15 Link Building Predictions & Recommendations For 2011
- DeepFootprints.co.uk: How to write the best PPC adverts
- Jeremiah Owyang/Web Strategist: Quora for Business Not Allowed, But You Should Still Monitor and Respond
- Mack Collier: How to Fix a Broken Social Media Strategy
- Melissa Fach/SEOAware: What Industry Experts Look for On Twitter
Blogs & Blogging
- Real Estate Tomato: Simple Checklist for Blogging Success
- Adam Singer/Copyblogger: 5 Reasons Copywriters Need to Get Data … Or Get Out of the Business
- Linda Bustos/GetElastic: Is Your PayPal Button Hurting Conversions?
- Amy Africa: Should I start an e-mail newsletter?
- Jeremy Aube/Unofficial Google Analytics Blog: Handling Email Referrals in Google Analytics
- David Whitehouse: Using Google Analytics To Identify Problems & Opportunities On Your Website