Here’s my roundup of the best search/marketing posts during January. If you’re new to SBS, this is a monthly feature. You can find earlier “Best Of”s for each month in the archives. Only rule is that my own posts are not eligible.
What about the SEMMYS?, you ask. Well, as I’ve been saying all along, the goal is to not be using these roundups for next year’s awards.
- Bryson Meunier: Characteristics of the Top 100 Mobile Search Queries at AT&T
- Jake/10e20: Going Local in StumbleUpon
- Heather/Hitwise: Google Maps Making Inroads Against Leader, Mapquest
- Bob/Ask the SEO Guru: The Secret of Getting a New Site to Beat an Old One or Content is King is Just a Cliche
- Bill/SEO by the Sea: Yahoo Replaces PageRank Assumptions with User Data
- Patrick/Blogstorm: Fresh Content: Myth or Magic?
- Mike/Hubspot: How to Revive an Old Blog Article for SEO
- Sugarrae: 11 Experts on Link Development Speak Out
- Brian Chappell: Thinking about buying links? 30 tips to save you from failure
Blogs & Blogging
- Mason/Small Fuel: Small Business Blogging Map
- Skellie/ProBlogger: How to Create Social Media’s Favorite Type of Blog Post
- Jonathan/Awake at the Wheel: Top bloggers confess: size matters!
- Michael Gray/Graywolf: Optimizing WordPress Page Titles, Post Titles and Page Slugs
- Brent/SEL: How To Create Compelling Social Media Profiles
- Li/Search Marketing Gurus: 6 Reasons Why I Won’t Stumble! Your Page
- Maki/DoshDosh: 17 Ways You Can Use Twitter: A Guide for Beginners, Marketers and Business Owners
- Maki/DoshDosh: 40+ Social News Websites: A List of General and Niche Social Media Communities
- Jeff/Search Engine People: Tips for Finding and Securing the ‘Right’ Friends on Digg
- Kathryn/Gooruze: 9 Ways Social Media Can Hurt a Brand
- Danielle/10e20: The Ins and Outs of Forum Marketing
- Andy/Marketing Pilgrim: Five Steps for Recovering from an Online Reputation Crisis
- Pat/SEOish: Google Gadgets Tutorial
- Danny/SEL: Google Universal Search: 2008 Edition
- Chris/97th Floor: Public Spam Report: Google Your Honeymoon with Rip Off Report has to Stop
- Gregg/Search Engine Watch: Online Reviews: Tips, Tricks, and Secrets for Advertisers and Publishers
- Mason/Small Fuel: Marketing Trends: 21+ Websites for Finding What’s Hot
- Sarah/SEOmoz: Four Ways to Enforce Your Copyright: What to Do When Your Online Content Is Being Stolen
- Jeremiah Owyang: A Complete List of the Many Forms of Web Marketing for 2008
- Avinash/Occam’s Razor: Standard Metrics Revisited: #4 : Time on Page & Time on Site