Here’s my roundup of the best search/marketing posts I found and read during February. If you’re new to this blog, this is a monthly feature that began way back in 2007. You can find earlier “Best Of”s for each month in the archives: 2008 Best Posts and 2007 Best Posts. I never include my own posts in these end-of-month recaps.
- Staci Wood/Small Business Trends Radio: 100 Best Small Business Podcasts 2009
- Anita Campbell/Small Biz Trends: 12 Steps to Upgrade Your Business
- Keith Hagen/eMarketing Matador: Local Search Directories List
- Mike Blumenthal: Google Maps vs Locksmith Spammers: Spammers winning?
- Mike Blumenthal: Local SEO Tip: Google Maps loves Panoramio’s Geotagged Images
- Aaron Wall/SEO Book: Google’s New Search Engine Rankings Place Heavy Emphasis on Branding
- Lee Odden/Online Marketing Blog: A Strategic Approach to Internet Marketing with Content & SEO
- Jennifer Laycock/SEG: Six Key Tactics for Organic Success
- Aaron Wall/SEO Book: Why it Makes Sense to Target Longtail Keywords First
- Ryan Caldwell/SEJ: The Psychology of a Linkbait
- Brian Carter/SEJ: When Pay Per Click Is NOT Right For You
- Tom Demers/PPC Hero: Discovering Keywords On the Cheap
- Greg Meyers/PPC Hero: How To Write and Effectively Test Your PPC Ad Texts
- Amber Naslund/Altitude Branding: The Social Media Starter Kit: Facebook
- Amber Naslund/Altitude Branding: Social Media Starter Kit: Twitter
- Greg Finn/SEL: What Results Can I Expect From My Social Media Campaign?
Blogs & Blogging
- Darren Rowse/Problogger: 7 Ways to Keep Fresh Content Flowing On Your Blog
- Mark Hayward/Problogger: 10 Tips for Blogging Your Way to Small Business Success
- Linda Bustos/Get Elastic: Tracking Twitter Links: Twitter Analytics Tools & More
- Pete Meyers/UserEffect: 25-point Website Usability Checklist
- Karon Thackston/Marketing Words: Article Distribution vs. Guest Blogging: Is There a Difference?
- Linda Bustos/Get Elastic: 8 Ecommerce Loyalty Program Ideas