Here’s my roundup of the best search/marketing posts during February. If you’re new to SBS, this is a monthly feature. You can find earlier “Best Of”s for each month in the archives. Only rule is that my own posts are not eligible.
What about the SEMMYS?, you ask. Well, as I’ve been saying all along, the goal is to not be using these roundups for next year’s awards. More on that coming soon, I hope.
- Miriam/SEO Igloo: Local SEO Interview Roundup!
- Mike/Understanding Google Maps…: Google Maps Category Mystery Part 3: Solved?
- Eric Enge/SEOmoz: I Don’t Buy Links
- Michael/Graywolf: Link Building and Development Mistakes – Treetrunks and Houses on Stilts
- Branko Rihtman/SEO Scientist: Tapping into Unconventional Link Attributes
Blogs & Blogging
- Brian/Copyblogger: Keyword Research for Bloggers: A Comprehensive Guide
- Eric/Stone Temple: Key Blogging Tips from Avinash and Eric
- Skellie/ProBlogger: How to Write Posts That Set StumbleUpon on Fire
- Chris Garrett: How to Get More Bookmarks and Better Links
- Joe Whyte/Search Engine Journal: Guide to Video Marketing on YouTube
- Sonia Simone/Remarkable Communication: The Ten Commandments of New Social Media
- Diane/Search Engine Guide: Why Do The (Good) SEOs Cost So %&*# Much?
- Tim Nash: PDFs and Search Engines
- Ann Smarty/Search Engine Journal: Make the Most of SEO Competitive Research : Evaluating the Competition
- Tim Nash: Does Flash SEO still suck?
- Esteban Panzera: 11 Tips for Appearing at Google Definitions
- Sugarrae: Creating Firefox Quick Search Bookmarks
- Alan Rimm-Kaufman/Search Engine Land: The Secret Of Large Term Lists (It’s All In The Bidding)
- Markus Urban/AUblog: Facebook Ads Don’t Work. Here’s Proof
- Jeff Behrendt/Aviva Directory: How You Can Get Your Google Rankings Back
- Robin Goad/Hitwise: What happens if your site gets ‘blacklisted’ by Google?
- Shawn Purtell/Unofficial Google Analytics Blog: Tracking Secondary Sources and Autoresponders Using Site Search
- Thomas/TopRank: 5 Lesser Known Google Analytics Features
- Jeff Quipp/Search Engine People: Authority Building: Tools of the Trade
- Bryan/Grokdotcom: Hidden Secrets of the Amazon Shopping Cart
- Linda/Get Elastic: How To Attract Customer Reviews
- Sebastian/Sebastian’s Pamphlets: @ALL: Give Google your feedback on NOINDEX, but read this pamphlet beforehand!
- Sebastian/Sebastian’s Pamphlets: Why storing URLs with truncated trailing slashes is an utterly idiocy
- Michael Streko/Sugarrae: Not at the SMX? Want to be? I can help…
- Aaron Chronister/The Mad Hat: My Take On Famous SEO Celebrity Nonsense (could also go under “Rants”)
- Graywolf: 27.3 Ways To Do 51 1/2 Things on WordPress, Digg, Twitter, Stumbleupn, Blogger, Pownce, Reddit, Hugg, Sk-rt, Propeller, SugarLoving, Mixx, Delicious, Blogger, Facebook, Google Reader, YouTube, Gmail, RSS, iPhone, Qik and Seesmic While I Optimize, Stategize, Customerize, Search Engine Optimise, Social Media Enable, SEO, SEM, PPC, LODLSM, for the Long Term in 2 weeks, 14 Day, 7 Hours, 2 minutes 19 seconds and 7 nano seconds while You Were Merging With Google, Yahoo, MSN, ASK and Plaxo
- Rebecca/SEOmoz: Digg’s New Algorithm is The Suck