Here’s my roundup of the best search/marketing posts I found and read during August. If you’re new to this blog, this is a monthly feature that began way back in 2007. You can find earlier “Best Of”s for each month in the Link Roundups category archive. I never include my own posts in these end-of-month recaps.
- Mike Blumenthal: Review Management: 7 Tips on Avoiding Bad Reviews
- Ashley Melsted/Stepforth: Interview with Google Places Guru Mike Blumenthal
- Karon Thackston/Marketing Words: How to Optimize Copy When You Can’t Use Keywords
- Rich Brooks/Flyte New Media: Why Doesn’t My Site Show Up In Google?
- Michael Gray/Directory Journal: SEO Elements Every Web Designer Should Know About
- Michael King/SEOmoz: Throw Away Your Form Letters (or Five Principles to Better Outreach Link Building)
- Lisa Barone/Outspoken Media: What to Look For When Hiring A Link Builder
- Dr. Pete Meyers/SEOmoz: Google Algorithm Change History
- Tad Chef/SEOptimise: High Risk SEO: 33 Ways to Get Penalised by Google
- PPC Hero: The Ultimate Guide to Google AdWords Quality Score
- Bethany Bey/PPC Hero: My Top 5 AdWords Filters For PPC Managers
- Bethany Bey/PPC Hero: How To Create A PPC Keyword List
- Laura Lippay: 3 Ways Social Media Can Affect Organic Search Performance
- Tom Critchlow/Distilled: Twitter’s t.co link shortening service is game changing – here’s why
- Kelvin Newman/eConsultancy: The ultimate guide to the Facebook Edgerank algorithm
- Ryan Sammy/Blueglass: The Good, Bad, & Ugly Of Content Promotion On Google+
- Tamar Weinberg: 17 Digital Marketing Experts Share Their Top Tips, Tricks, and Tools
Blogs & Blogging
- Michael Gray: How to Choose Keywords for Your Blog
- Dr. Pete Meyers/SEOmoz: Content Marketing for the Talent-Impaired
Design & Usability
- Joseph Putnam/KISSMetrics: Are You Losing Sales By Giving Customers Too Many Choices?
- Farhad Manjoo/Slate: Restaurant websites: Why are they so awful?
- Steven Bradley: How To Design Headlines and Subheadings
- Jill Whalen/HighRankings: Converting Your Website Visitors One Small Step at a Time