Here’s my roundup of the best search/marketing posts I found and read during August. If you’re new to this blog, this is a monthly feature that began way back in 2007. You can find earlier “Best Of”s for each month in the Link Roundups category archive. I never include my own posts in these end-of-month recaps.
- Shagun Vatsa/Powered by Search: Canadian SEO IYP Rankings Report 2010
- Andrew Shotland/SEL: 10 Great Local Search Tools That Don’t Exist Yet
- Miriam Ellis/SEO Igloo: Are These Reviews Authentic? You Be The Judge.
- Scott Clark/buzzmaven: 15 Tips for Responding to Google Place Page Reviews
- Andrew Shotland/Local SEO Guide: Are New SMBs Creating Facebook Pages Before Google Place Pages?
- Vanessa Fox/Nine by Blue: Bad SEO Advice
- David Sottimano/Distilled: Free Directory Submission: What to Avoid, Tips & Tricks
- Paddy Moogan/SEOmoz: Market Research for Link Building – Who You Can Get Links From
- Garrett French/Ontolo: 44 Local Link Building Queries for Citation Prospecting and Opportunity Analysis
- David Harry/Fire Horse Trail: Google Blog Search; under the hood
- Justin Kownacki: What I’ve Learned From Blogging Weekly Instead of Daily
- Ann Smarty/Blueglass: How to Update Your Facebook Page: Vary, Schedule and Automate
- Amy Porterfield/Social Media Examiner: 7 Facebook Marketing Tips From World’s Top Pros
- Taylor Pratt/SEJ: Facebook Marketing: There’s More to it Than Just Your Fan Count
- Michael Vreeken/Speckyboy: 40 Highly Effective FaceBook Business Pages
- Angie Nikoleychuk/Site Reference: 885 Social Sites, SEO & Marketing: Fine Tuning Your Marketing Strategy
- Brendan Regan/FutureNow: Analytics How-To: Segment for Sticky Content
- Karon Thackston/Marketing Words: 5 Common Mistakes That Will Kill Your Web Copy
- Karon Thackston/Marketing Words: The Seven-Step Process for Writing Enticing Product Descriptions
- Brian Clark/Copyblogger: The Three Key Elements of Irresistible Email Subject Lines
- Glen Allsopp/ViperChill: Living Self-Employed Online: The Manual They Forgot to Give You
- Kim Krause-Berg/SEL: How To Rescue Poorly Converting Web Sites
- Sam Rosen/Copyblogger: 60 Ways to Increase Your Influence Online