Here’s my roundup of the best search/marketing posts I found and read during August. If you’re new to this blog, this is a monthly feature that began way back in 2007. You can find earlier “Best Of”s for each month in the archives: 2008 Best Posts and 2007 Best Posts. I never include my own posts in these end-of-month recaps.
- Ash Nallawalla/Net Magellan: SEO ranking of US IYPs across 274 cities
- Andrew Shotland/Local SEO Guide: IYP SEO Rankings Report 2009
- Bill Slawski/SEO by the Sea: Opinion Summaries in Google Maps Reviews
- Miriam Ellis/SEO Igloo: Time Or Money – Why Small Businesses Need One, The Other Or Both
- Virginia Nussey/Bruce Clay Inc.: SEO Hierarchy of Needs
- Rae Hoffman/Outspoken Media: 2003 Called; They’d like their URL structure back
- Linda Bustos/Get Elastic: Holiday SEO: Using Amazon Bestsellers for Keyword Research
- Aaron Wall/SEOBook: Source Code Validation > Common Sense
- Rand Fishkin/SEOmoz: Perfecting Keyword Targeting & On-Page Optimization
- Brad Geddes/bgTheory: Q&A Should You Bid on Your Competitor’s Name or use Their Name in Ad Copy?
- Dave Snyder/SEJ: Link Building Evaluation Guide
- Mack Collier/Viral Garden: Are we too worried with finding the ROI of social media?
- Patrick Winfield/10e20: 4 Ways to Optimize Your Twitter Background
- Lisa Barone/SmallBizTrends: Most Common Social Media Mistakes
- Lisa Barone/SmallBizTrends: Getting The Most Out Of YouTube
Blogs & Blogging
- John Lee/Bakedwheat Web: Discover 11 Blog Topics That Will Get Every Small Business Owner Writing Today
- Jonathan Morrow/Copyblogger: Don’t Do These 12 Things
When Writing Headlines
- Duncan Morris/SEOmoz: 10 Things You Must Check When You Re-launch Your Website