Happy Labor Day weekend to my U.S.-based friends and peers. Kinda strange posting in the middle of a long, holiday weekend, but it is the end of the month, so what can you do? Here’s my roundup of the best search/marketing posts during August.
If you’re new to SBS, this is a monthly feature. You can find earlier “Best Of”s for each month in the archives. Only rule is that my own posts are not eligible.
- Chris “Silver” Smith/SEL: Forming Good Title Tags for Local Businesses
- Steve Espinosa/SEL: Optimizing Google OneBox and Yahoo! Shortcut Local Listings
- Chris Tolles/iMedia Connection: Find the online opportunities in your own backyard
- Bill Hartzer: 6 Ways to Get Nearly Instant Links to your Web Site
- Everett Sizemore/Wolf-Howl: Five Search Queries to Find Sponsorship Link Opportunities
- Scott Clark: 9 Ideas How Google Suggest Could Change Search Marketing
- Michael Jensen/SoloSEO: How Google Suggest Changes SEO
- Aaron Wall/SEO Book: Free SEO Tips for Google Search Suggest
- Jim Gilbert & Mike Churchill/SEM Clubhouse: Google Automatic Match – Measuring the Cost of Skipping Keyword Research
- John Lee/PPC Hero: How to Use Google’s Insights for Search to Improve Your PPC Management
- John Lee/PPC Hero: What Makes Google AdWords Tick? 2 Quality Score Formulas You Need to Know: Minimum Bids and Ad Position
Blogs & Blogging
- Lee Odden/Top Rank: 5 Ways to Re-Purpose Content for Blog SEO
- Darren/Problogger: 11 Ways to Open a Post and Get Reader Engagement
- Darren/Problogger: 24 Things to do When Stuck for a Topic to Blog About
- Karon Thackston: Do Article Sites Provide “Quality” Links?
- Karon Thackston: How Many Keywords Are Enough?
- Shana Albert/Hobo Creative: How To Get Started In Social Media
- Chris Brogan: 50 Ideas on Using Twitter for Business
- Jeremiah Owyang/Web Strategist: Why Brands Are Unsuccessful in Twitter
- Sugarrae: An Actual “Non Big Brand” Twitter Case Study
- Brett Borders/Copy Brighter: Dealing With “Impossible” Online Reputation Challenges
- David Mihm: 5 Steps for 5 Stars: Reputation Management for Small Businesses
- Jennifer Laycock/SEG: The Fourth Commandment of Viral Marketing – Thou Shalt Tie in Your Message
- Jeff Sexton/Grokdotcom: One-shot Videos Miss Target While Campaigns Hit Bull’s-Eye
- Diane Aull/SEG: Let Your Thank You’s Do Double Duty
- Dean Rieck/Copyblogger: How to Profit From Testimonials…Even With No Testimonials!
- Susan Getgood/Marketing Roadmaps: The secret sauce for the perfect pitch