Here’s my roundup of the best search/marketing posts during August. As bad as last month was, this month was that good — and better. There are some really, really solid posts here. Give ’em a read if you missed them the first time around.
If you’re new to SBS, this is a monthly feature and will lead to something fun in a few months. You can find earlier “Best Of”s for each month in the archives. Only rule is that my own posts are not eligible.
- Steven/Yellow House Hosting: Branding For Small Business And Bloggers
- David/Mihmorandum: Top Ten Small Business Takeaways from SES San Jose
- Bill/SEO by the Sea: When Might Google Show Local Search Information in Web Search Results?
- Bill/SEO by the Sea: Girl Scouts with Guns: Geographic Coding in Google Location Searches
- Rand/SEOmoz: The Art of Buying Links Under the Radar
- Debra/Link Spiel: Newspaper Links Means No Ink On Your Fingers
- Aaron/SEOBook: Wrong Page Ranking at the Top of Google’s Search Results
- Loren/Search Engine Journal: Social Media’s Direct Influence on Search Engine Ranking
- Darren/ProBlogger: Run a StumbleUpon Advertising Campaign For Your Blog
- Jeremiah Owyang: Web Strategy: What the Web Strategist should know about Facebook
General / Online Marketing
- Jeremiah Owyang: Web Strategy: The Three Spheres of Web Strategy (and the skills required)
- Andy/Tropical SEO: 5 Ways an SEO Can Make More Money (That Have Nothing to Do with Google)
Blogs / Blogging
- Darren/Problogger: 10 Ways to Hurt Your Blog’s Brand by Commenting on Other Blogs
- Muhammad/Copyblogger: 7 Things You Need to Know About Writing Lists That Work
- Andy/Marketing Pilgrim: 26 Free Tools for Buzz Monitoring
- Dan/SEO Fast Start: Google Proxy Hacking: How A Third Party Can Remove Your Site From Google SERPs
- Aaron/SEOBook: Google Caught Selling High PageRank Links, Again & Again
- Jim Boykin: How to Find if a Page is in Google’s Secret Supplemental Results.
- Aaron/SEObook: How Google AdSense Cannibalizes Content Based Business Models
- David/SearchRank: Things That Bug Me Regarding Those Who Sell Links
- Aaron/SEObook: FUD & Relevancy: Inside the Mind of a Google Search Engineer
- Michael/Graywolf: New Google Adwords Formula = Just Pay Us More
- Andy/Tropical SEO: 7 Abandoned Link Bait Titles from My Idea Pad
- Ed/E-Marketing Performance: SES 2007 Shwag Bags – A Highly Scientific Examination of Plastic Crap