Here’s my roundup of the best search/marketing posts I found and read during April. If you’re new to this blog, this is a monthly feature that began way back in 2007. You can find earlier “Best Of”s for each month in the Link Roundups category archive. I never include my own posts in these end-of-month recaps.
- Mike Ramsey/SEJ: Local Search Recipe: Making KML Files and GEO Sitemaps Are a Piece of Cake.
- Rae Hoffman/Outspoken Media: Then I saw Foursquare… Now I’m a believer
- Cindy Krum/SEL: The New Mobile SEO: What You Need To Know
- Amy Arnold/Search Influence: Buying Yelp Reviews Is BAD for Business
- Vanessa Fox/Nine by Blue: Should Restaurants Care About Local Search?
- Rae Hoffman/Outspoken Media: The Real Reasons Big Brands Don’t Rank
- Rand Fishkin/SEOmoz: 30 SEO Problems & the Tools to Solve Them (Part 2 of 2)
- Victor Murygin/10e20: Pre-Marketing of a Brand New Site for Search
- Stephan Spencer/SEL: 36 SEO Myths That Won’t Die But Need To
- Laura Lippay/SEOmoz: Categorized Keyword Research: Step 2 of the 8-Step SEO Research Strategy
- Adam Audette/SEW: Want Big SEO Results? You Need Big SEO Ideas
- Mark Lavoritano/Seer Interactive: 301 Redirect Test: How Much Link Juice are YOU Losing?
- Ron Jones/ClickZ: Image Search Optimization 101
- Ben McKay/SEP: Why you should keep on reading about SEO…
- Laura Lippay/SEOmoz: The 8-Step SEO Strategy, Step 1: Define Your Target Audience and Their Needs
- Ken Lyons/Wordstream: How to Create Amazing Backlinks
Blogs & Blogging
- Lisa Barone/Small Business Trends: 10 Reasons Not To Ignore Your Blog For Facebook
- Lisa Barone/Outspoken Media: The 5 Old Blogging Rules Killing Your Readership
- Amber Naslund/Altitude Branding: 9 Ways to Breathe Life Into Your Blog
- Annabel Candy/Copyblogger: The 8 Habits of Highly Effective Bloggers
- Galen deYoung/Proteus: Meaningful Metrics for B2B Blogging
- Jennifer Laycock/SEG: Six Reasons SEOs Love Blogs
- Lee Odden/Online Marketing Blog: Setting and Measuring Goals for Business Blogging
- Mack Collier: How to write blog posts your readers will fall in love with
- Kim Krause-Berg/Cre8Pc: Facebook Removes User Profile Rights and Choices
- Lee Odden/Online Marketing Blog: Social Media Strategy Before Tactics
- Kyle Lacy: Checklist of 25 Reasons Not to Hire a Social Media Consultant
- Jonathan Morrow/Copyblogger: 10 Tricks For Getting Inspired to Write
- Allaedin Ezzedin/e-Nor: Tracking Online and Offline Marketing Campaigns with Google Analytics