1. In Google Webmaster Central, if I change the crawl rate, how soon does that take effect? Will Googlebot obey the new crawl rate immediately?
2. We know that Google keeps a search history (unless you turn it off), and part of that search history is the results you click on. So, if I have a history of clicking on … say … video results … will Google be more likely to show me videos in future searches?
3. When doing a local search, does your own IP address influence the sites that get returned and/or their rankings?
4. Why would Google have a page in its index, yet not show a cached version of the page? (Note: there is nothing to stop Google from caching it; there’s no use of the “noarchive” tag or anything like that. Google is free to cache the page, but is not doing so.)
5. On digg, users can “favorite” stories they like. Does favoriting a story help it reach the home page more quickly? No one ever seems to talk about favoriting stories on digg, and what impact it has, if any.
Got answers? Please leave a comment and share your wisdom!